Monday, January 28, 2008

Secret trip to Kansas

My dad retired from the post office at the beginning of the year and my sister and step-mom decided to have a party for him and not only was the party to be a surprise but so was I:-) lol

We held the party at the
Spice Merchant in Wichita Kansas, Bob the owner was in surprise and helped us trick dad into being there on time by telling him that there was going to be a gentleman in town who collected Hot Wheels and wanted dad to meet him, being the retired person that he now is dad readily agreed to meet a fellower collector:-)
Dad was quite surprised to say the least and even more so when Veronica my sister stepped out from the back with two of her three daughters and then while he was busy talking to them I sneaked up behind him and stood there while Veronica got him to turn around and look at something behind him at which time he turned and looked right past me:-) lol

Sister Veronica with daughters Ashley and Kristen hiding in the backroom of the Spice Merchant, the mens sign in the background might be a giveaway - wonderful picture just needs a bit of photo shopping:-) lol

Barb had and awesome cake made for dads party. They did a wonderful job and I have to admit it looks a lot like my dad:-)

Dad with Grandaughter Ashley, looking at his cake

Dad had a really good time at his party lots of his fellow co-workers and just as many of the people from his route showed up to wish him good-bye. I wish I had pictures to show of day but I don't have any pictures yet - we had a friend taking pictures through the whole evening so look for some pictures in the future of the evening.

After the party was over we all packed up Veronica headed back to Kansas City and I headed home with Dad and Barb for the night and Dad took me to my friend Elizabeth's the next day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank cake is wonderful!! It looks just like your Dad!!

Hootie in TN